As project controller, you are the main contact for project managers regarding commercial and financial aspects of real estate projects under development. You strengthen the existing FP&A team (5 people).
Your main duties consist of:
- Analyse the basis of the established budget; identify the original work scope and observe any potential variance from the estimate throughout the project life-cycle; discuss your findings with and challenge the project team and other stakeholders
- Review and analyse committed, expended, and forecasted costs against approved budget and approved changes; discuss your findings with and challenge the project team and other stakeholders
- Prepare quarterly financial reporting; ensure variances, incurred, committed, and forecasted costs are properly explained and communicated to the project team
- Perform reconciliations of costs and sales with accounting
- Actively contribute with ideas on improvement to the control system with the project managers
- Perform ad hoc tasks, such as assisting corporate finance in drafting the cash planning and business plan
You will report to the Head of FP&A and operate in a young and dynamic team.
- You hold a master’s degree in applied economics, Commercial Engineering, MBA or equivalent
- You have a minimum of two years of relevant work experience (Controlling, Audit, …), preferably in a project driven environment
- Real estate construction/development experience is considered a strong plus
- You are fluent in Dutch and/or French and have a good knowledge of English.
- You are a team player that is also self-driven and goal oriented
- You are flexible, work well under deadline situations and respond to changes in priorities.
- You have superior analytical skills, and are detail oriented
- You are self-confident and can challenge and discuss project assumptions with all levels of the Project Control and Project Management organisation.
- You have proficient knowledge of Excel, knowledge of Power BI is a plus
What we can offer you:
- Besides the challenging function within a company where FP/A is the heart of its financial operations, you will get continuous trainings internally and externally to sharpen your hard- and soft skills;
- We offer a very pleasant working environment in an ambitious, enterprising team and a company focused on ‘growth for excellence’.
Are you IMMOBEL’s future Project Controller?
Send your cv to firstname.lastname@example.org with title ‘Project Controller’